CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Rabbit Scratches and Roasted Chickens

So this is my little guy Jesse. He is so sweet. We set up his cage in our room, figuring that he would have more quiet that way, since they do not like loud stuff and it's not good for them to be scared randomly.


He sleeps during the day. His being up at night doesn't bother me. I'm being told that I could sleep through a tornado. I don't think that it even bothered Drew this morning until Jesse started to chew on his cage. Apparently they do that when they are bored.

We let him run around in our hallway this weekend. He's a completely different rabbit. He'll be sitting in a corner and just pop up and land like 3 or 4 feet from where he was. We let him have some carrots and he ate some of an apple. I think he rather enjoyed it. The only thing I think he didn't like was Spud. We let them play together, but I think Jesse was more afraid of him than anything else.

Everyone keeps telling me that rabbits smell, but Jesse doesn't stink. He smells kinda good actually. If I could just get enough bandaids to keep on my hands then I would be great. I haven't had this many scratches since the last time I had a cat. Thats been at least 3 - 3 1/2 years.

Last night I cooked some small chickens for everyone. I think they turned out wonderfull. Plenty of meat left over to snack on or put with a meal for the rest of the week. Drew gave me props on it, but said that roasted isn't as fun as fried chicken. I guess I will have to fry some soon. I'm actually going to do whole pieces though, not just strips.




Schuyler

0 comments: